An Overview of Wrist Bursitis
(Ulnar and Radial Bursitis)
What are Wrist *Bursae?
The wrist is made up of eight small bones several tendons and ligaments, and 2 bursae; the ulnar bursa and the radial bursa. The ulnar bursa covers the tendons of the index, middle and ring fingers. The radial bursa covers the thumb tendon and extends to the wrist crease. Infection in the radial bursa and ulna bursa is known as a "horseshoe abscess".
The wrist is constantly in motion throughout the day. Simple everyday activities such as getting dressed, tying shoes, opening a door and preparing dinner are difficult to do when you have a painful wrist. The extensive use of the wrist puts it at a considerable risk for injury; athletes are at an even higher risk: 9% of all athletic injuries involve the wrist.
Your bursae* play an important role in leading a healthy, active life. When the bursae are not irritated and working properly, your joints move smoothly and painlessly. However, when a bursa becomes swollen and inflamed, the condition is known as bursitis. When pressure or friction is too great, excess fluid can build up in the bursa sac causing swelling and inflammation. When a bursa becomes inflamed, moving your wrist becomes very painful and movement can be difficult. Any actions that put pressure on the inflamed bursa in your wrist can increase irritation and cause further inflammation and pain.
*Bursae is the plural form of bursa.
Do You Really have Wrist Bursitis?
Visiting your doctor when you have wrist pain is always recommended, as there are many possible issues that can happen within the wrist and arm. Sometimes, one set of symptoms can result in multiple diagnoses. Some conditions exhibiting symptoms similar to wrist bursitis are as follows:
What Causes Wrist Bursitis?
Repetitive wrist movements (Repetitive Stress Injury) during work or activities that you do frequently (i.e. mouse movements, typing, sewing) is also a major cause of wrist bursitis. Sports with throwing or wrist twisting movements, such as baseball, badminton, and tennis can lead to wrist bursitis.
How Do I Diagnose Wrist Bursitis?
When you are experiencing wrist pain, visiting your doctor is always recommended, as there are many conditions that can cause wrist pain such as carpal tunnel syndrome, a fracture, a sprain, or bursitis.
To begin with, your doctor will gather a medical history about you and your current condition and symptoms. He/she will inquire about the intensity of your wrist pain, the duration of your symptoms and the limitations you are experiencing. Details about what what may have started the pain, when it started, and whether or not you have ever had treatments for this or a similar condition in the past, are very helpful in assessing your injury.
A physical examination will be performed to determine if you have any signs of wrist bursitis or other wrist injury. He/she will visually assess and palpate (feel) the bones and soft tissue in both your wrists to evaluate symmetry and recognize any differences. This will identify any abnormalities, such as swelling, bone deformities, atrophied muscles, redness and/or warmth on the skin. In many cases, the first sign that you have bursitis is swelling in the wrist.
An x-ray may be recommended to rule out a fracture, bone spur, or other foreign body as the cause of your wrist pain.
Therapies that decrease swelling and inflammation, treat scar tissue, and restore strength and movement in your wrist will help you beat bursitis and get rid of your wrist pain.
Wrist Bursitis Symptoms
If you have wrist bursitis you may be experiencing
- Pain in the wrist especially if the wrist is bent back and weight is put on it
- A small lump or swelling at the top or side of the wrist
Wrist Bursitis Home Remedies
What You Can Do!
The most important factor in healing bursitis is resting your wrist. During your recovery you will probably have to modify or avoid the activities that stress your bursa until your pain and inflammation settle.
The good news is that most cases of wrist bursitis will heal with simple home conservative treatments and surgery is often not needed
Treatments should involve decreasing swelling, relieving stress on your wrist and then restoring strength and movement in your wrist. If your bursitis is caused by an infection (septic bursitis), the doctor will probably drain the bursa sac with a needle and prescribe antibiotics to treat the infection. Note that a septic bursa can quickly become life threatening - this is a major reason why you should get to a doctor for diagnosis asap if you haven't already done so.
Conservative Home Treatment Options to Help
Speed Up Healing of Your Wrist Bursitis
It's generally understood by doctors and surgeons that surgery will introduce more scar tissue into the tendons and ligaments in your wrist. This added scar tissue can be quite problematic - especially in the wrist - as it is a tight space. If there is swelling, you may find that there is pressure on the median nerve. This pressure manifests itself as numbness and a tingling sensation in the affected hand. Scar tissue removal will require physical therapy and conservative treatment options post-surgery. When it comes to wrist bursitis there's only a few surgical options for treatment - removal of the bursa sac, aspiration and/or scraping of the bone(s) to allow more room for the new bursa to grow back. This is why surgery is only performed as a last resort for chronic wrist bursitis that won't heal with conservative treatment methods.
Some conservative treatment methods recommended include:
- Rest - This is important for initial healing because without proper rest you're at risk for increased pain, inflammation. If you are not resting your wrist/hand, the condition will probably get worse and possibly turn from an acute injury into a chronic one.
- Avoid Activities that Caused Your Wrist Injury - While resting your wrist, it's also important to avoid all activities that may have caused your wrist bursitis, including any repetitive hand, finger or wrist movement. Continuing on with regular activities can increase the severity of wrist bursitis, turning a mild to moderate case of injury into serious damage or leading to injuries in other areas due to overcompensation.
- Apply a Cold Compress or Ice Pack for Inflammation - Immediate cold therapy at the onset of your injury (or during flareups) will help you combat the pain and inflammation of bursitis and tendinitis. Immediate pain relief and reduced inflammation can also relieve some of the pressure that's being placed on your medial nerve and stop your injury from getting worse.
- Use a Wrist T•Shellz Wrap® (Deep Tissue Therapy) Once Swelling is Down - After inflammation and/or swelling has been reduced, use your own blood flow to maximize your rehabilitation, decrease recovery time, and boost overall long-term healing. Deep Tissue Therapy is especially helpful in dealing with chronic tendon, muscle & bursitis injuries or on-going pain and stiffness in the wrist.
- Physical therapy and rehabilitative exercise under supervision of a physical therapist or doctor. The intent of this is to provide you with increased range of motion, pain relief and strengthening of the soft tissue surrounding the wrist. Caution: aggressive physical therapy can be harmful, such as aggressive stretching or massage. When dealing with a wrist that has very low range of motion, there is high risk of greater injury to weak and damaged muscles and tendons of the joint.
Stage 1: If your wrist injury is very recent - use a good quality cold pack and Arnica Pain Relief Cream.
Note: If you are suffering from a bursitis and/or tendinitis injury that has been going on for awhile, you may not need much cold treatment as inflammation may be minimal. Anytime you are experiencing significant pain, you may find our Arnica Infusion Pain Relief Cream to be quite helpful.
If you are experiencing pain and swelling in the very early stages of the injury (first 48 to 72 hours), the first step in a conservative treatment protocol would be to focus on reducing the discomfort by applying a quality cold pack to the injured wrist along with a high quality pain relief cream such as our Arnica Infusion Cream.
Not only will you use your cold pack for the first 48 to 72 hours after the injury, but you should also use it during other stages of the healing process. Some examples include...
- after any activity that stresses the wrist in a moderate way. It is wise to quickly apply cold therapy to not only reduce the pain, but to also minimize tissue damage that may have occurred during the prior event.
- If you have a job that requires you to place some demands on your injured wrist. If that is the case, use cold therapy immediately following work and if the opportunity allows - use it for 15 to 20 minutes during lunch or another break time.
- If you are in a post-operative situation where cold compression therapy would be utilized heavily for at least the first few weeks following the procedure. Similarly, if you are scheduled for upcoming surgery, then your doctor or surgeon might recommend undertaking cold therapy before the surgery.
Having a Cold Compress or Ice Pack available at home to use if and when the need arises is helpful. Many of you already do so.
However, too many people over-focus on cold therapy while ignoring the most critical aspect to healing - nourishing the injured tissues with a healthy supply of blood flow needed to repair and rebuild the injured tissues.
This leads to the most important recommendation...
Stage 2: Focus on Increasing Blood Flow To Injured Soft Tissue - As This is The ONLY Way It Will Heal For the Long-Term
Even though the concept is simple, improving blood flow to injured soft tissue in the wrist can be difficult. Traditional methods require your joint to move to promote blood flow (exercise), but that same motion that promotes blood flow can at times lead to making your pain and condition worse - exacerbating your bursitis.
- Have you re-injured your wrist by returning to work too quickly?
- How many times in the past have you aggravated your wrist just trying to perform basic tasks around the home?
- Is your debilitated wrist preventing you from work or activities you love to do?
Most people we deal with tell us these scenarios have happened to them many times in the past. Perhaps it has already happened to you.
Promoting blood flow within a muscle or soft tissue injury (such as bursitis) to help the body heal itself is a concept that has been utilized for centuries. This is where the focus has to be if you are seeking long-term improvement.
Oxygen and nutrients, carried within the blood, are critical for the body to heal itself. Without proper blood flow, recovering from an injury or condition will be delayed...sometimes for a very long period of time.
The real challenge is how do you promote blood flow to the wrist injury site without causing further injury? This goal is further complicated by the fact that the hand, fingers and wrist are involved in pretty much 80% of the activities we perform each day.
When people think blood flow beyond exercise, they instantly think "heating pad". Unfortunately, many individuals make the mistake in believing that a simple heating pad or microwavable gel packs will provide the blood flow needed to heal injured tissues. Nothing could be further from the truth.
To begin with, heating pads and warmed gel packs work on conduction. The heat they generate has to be forced through multiple layers of skin and fatty tissues. With each layer of skin the heat passes through, there is a corresponding energy loss because that heat is absorbing into each layer it passes through- the skin is an excellent insulator! Your body responds to this heat by increasing the blood flow near your skins surface (not in your injured tissue) to dissipate the heat and it does so quite effectively.
By the time what little heat reaches below the skin, sub-dermal layer and fat layer into the targeted area (the dense, injured tissues), very little energy remains and this does not effectively enhance blood flow. With little blood flow reaching these injured tissues - healing just doesn't happen.
The heating pad may feel comforting when on the body, but that is because the warmth is absorbing into the skin. Moist heat has been believed to be more effective at warming internal tissues versus dry heat, because it is believed that water transfers heat more quickly than through air. Clinical studies do not support that popular belief.
When you are using a heating pad, all that you are really accomplishing is warming of the skin. The unintended consequence is that you draw blood flow AWAY from the targeted tissues (the injured ones deeper in the body) and direct the blood flow to the surface of the body.
Warming the skin will not significantly contribute to healing of muscles, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, or any other tissues.
The Wrist T•Shellz Wrap® - Heal Your Wrist Bursitis For The Long Term
The best option we came across in our research to accomplish true healing of soft tissue wrist injuries is the Wrist T•Shellz Wrap®. Use of this device results in a dramatic increase in blood flow to injured soft tissue located deep within the body - all in a non-invasive manner.
Using a T•Shellz Wrap® will not expose you to the risk of causing further harm to soft tissue like you can when using rigorous exercise. The Wrist T•Shellz Wrap® accomplishes the goal of enhanced blood flow without the need for intensive exercise and as such reduces your risk of re-injury.
T•Shellz Wrap® = Accelerated Recovery Power for Wrist Bursitis
The Wrist T•Shellz Wrap® is based on the scientifically validated principal of Electromagnetic energy as we discussed previously. This form of treatment is safe and effective as shown in numerous studies which can be referenced through the National Library of Medicine. Professional athletes and those in the medical field have been users of the technology for decades - it really hasn't been until recently that companies like ours introduced the treatment devices to the home user.
The healing energy from the T•Shellz Wrap® does not absorb into the skin - it absorbs directly into the damaged muscle and soft tissue (as a result, you will not feel the same level of heat on the skin versus a heating pad). The longer wavelength provides the electromagnetic energy wrap with the capability of penetrating deep into the body (well over two and a half inches).
EM energy emitted from the T•Shellz Wrap® is absorbed by high protein tissue (muscle, tendon, ligament, cartilage) and is converted into Kinetic energy - much of this energy being released as heat. Overall, EM energy will warm soft tissues, improve blood circulation, and boost metabolism and enzyme activity. In stimulating localized blood flow to damaged soft tissue, you provide needed oxygen, nutrients, and antibodies to regenerate new, healthy collagen. In addition, you will experience a clearing of toxins and excess fluid build up from the injury site. Over the intermediate term, this helps to reduce incidents of swelling as trapped fluids will be whisked away - reducing pressure on blood vessels.
Using the T•Shellz Wrap® is truly a unique experience. Within moments of applying a treatment to your injured wrist, you can feel the healing sensation due to the increase in blood flow deep within the area. During a treatment, and for quite some time after you finish, the treated area will feel relaxed and less painful. It's a very soothing sensation and extremely effective.
Who Should Use the Wrist T•Shellz Wrap®
We recommend the use of a Wrist T•Shellz Wrap®:
- If you have bursitis, tendinitis or any other damaged soft tissue in your wrist, hand or forearm, then deep tissue heat from the use of a Wrist T•Shellz Wrap® will enhance blood flow (& thereby boost the body's healing response), increase flexibility of soft tissue & increase the length of soft tissue, thus reducing your risk of re-injury while healing at an advanced rate.
- If you are dealing with conditions affecting your range of motion such as tendinosis, tenosynovitis, bursitis, or even arthritis.
- If you have a chronic wrist condition such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome that has lasted for years- this device will help start the recovery process while strengthening the surrounding and supporting soft tissue. Many of our past clients had suffered for years, then were completely amazed at the results only after a few months of treatments.
- If you are still working with an injured wrist , the T•Shellz Wrap® will help relax injured soft tissue prior to work and after a day at the job.
- If you are still trying to enjoy your favorite activities such as gardening, tennis, golf, etc - use the T•Shellz Wrap® prior to activity to help reduce chances of re-injuring or re-aggravating those targeted tissues.
- If you are suffering from bursitis in your wrist and want to treat the major source of it (& secondary damage to the muscle and tendon surrounding the bursa sac). Through overuse or degenerative changes in the wrist, muscle and tendons surrounding the bursa tighten and constrict. When they do, they place pressure on the bursa (and probably the median nerve too), causing bursa irritation, pain, numbness and tingling. Applying a soothing and deep penetrating heat energy to the wrist and forearm will help relax and lengthen soft tissue, reducing friction placed on the bursa during hand & wrist movements.
- If you are experiencing atrophy in your hand or wrist and want to reduce the chance of re-injury while stretching - this is a perfect treatment to use every time before you stretch.
- If you have had stem cell, PRP or prolotherapy treatments and your physician told you to get a radiant energy wrap, then this is exactly what you need.
- If you have injured your wrist and need surgery, then this is exactly what you need after your surgery to help the surgically repaired tissues rebuild for long-term health (once incision wounds have healed & swelling is reduced)
Deep Heat Increases Blood Circulation
Greater Blood Circulation Results in
Faster Healing of Soft Tissue
T•Shellz Wrap® = Deep Heat
T•Shellz Wraps contain a unique Carbon Fiber Energy Pad which is flexible and will shape to conform to your body. This Energy Pad emits a uniform wave of perfectly safe electromagnetic energy over its entire surface. This energy travels deep inside to the soft tissue in your hand, forearm and wrist, stimulating blood flow your own body needs to heal your injury. It is the electromagnetic energy that is crucial to the healing process.
Best of all...
The Wrist T•Shellz Wrap® is an FDA Registered Medical Device and is suitable for use in therapeutic clinics and FROM HOME. It is completely safe for people and patients to use for themselves.
As mentioned earlier, the use of electromagnetic energy is becoming much more commonplace in North America for everyday people. The technology has been used for decades in the worlds of professional and amateur - a contributing factor as to why athletes seem to recover from injuries so quickly.
Have you ever wondered by an athlete can return to activity after 3 or 4 weeks following a severe wrist injury - while your average person takes much longer to return back to normal? The secret isn't really that much of a secret - it involves consistent treatments (meaning multiple times a day) using a diathermy treatment like the T•Shellz Wrap® to stimulate blood flow to injured soft tissue. Most athletes have the luxury of using in-house therapy facilities many times per day.
How many us can afford the time and money to visit a therapy clinic multiple times a day? Very few indeed. This is how you can gain the same advantage that athletes enjoy in healing their own injuries - by using a device like the Wrist T•Shellz Wrap® two or three times a day on a consistent basis.
Consistent Treatments = Consistent And Long Term Improvement
Click HERE to Go To Our Online Store If you have questions, call our office at 1-866-237-9608 (toll free continental US).
What Else Makes the Wrist T•Shellz Wrap® So Special?
We believe the T•Shellz Wrap® to be one of the most effective treatments to stimulate blood flow to dense, injured tissues such as muscles, tendons, ligaments, and other similar tissues.
We can promise that you will receive a product that is designed to be safe and does what it is supposed to do...quickly relieve pain and aid in the recovery from tendon, muscle and other soft tissue injuries.
The unit plugs into a standard wall outlet to get its power. The nice thing about the power supply is that the same unit can be used in North America and overseas as well. It has the capability to operate between 110v and 230v.
It has a special signal controller that can be set for 3 different power levels of application (3=High, 2=Medium, 1=Low). The cord is long so you can sit or lie comfortably and watch TV, read or surf the net while you're using it.
Treatments are max 30 minutes in duration and the device can be worn over clothing. This allows you to use the device at work, at home, or really anywhere you have access to an electrical outlet.
A Recap of the Benefits of the T•Shellz Wrap®..
- Can be used on the Hand, Wrist, or Forearm - very versatile! Some of our users actually use it on the ankle and/or foot as well - as it is very configurable
- Targeted treatment of Tendinosis, Tenosynovitis, Tendon Tears, Bursitis, Impingement, Arthritis, etc
- It can be used before exercise to warm up your wrist/hand to reduce the risk of injury
- FDA Registered medical device for use in home or clinics - very high quality
- Temporarily increases flexibility and length of soft tissue (reducing the re-injury factor)
- It soothes pain and whisks away toxins
- Carbon fiber Energy Pad is strong, lightweight, and flexible - contours very easily
- It provides deep heat, which the body responds to by increasing blood flow. Increased blood flow enhances the healing rate - saving time and money when associated with extended doctor or physical therapist visits
- it is an outstanding tool for post-surgery rehabilitation, getting you back to work faster
When Should I Use My T•Shellz Wrap® During the Day?
The most common question we receive from individuals prior to purchasing is - how many times a day should I be using my wrist wrap and when should I be using them? While treatment plans will differ for each individual and their specific injury, there are general guidelines that should be adhered to.
- Use a Cold Compress or Ice Pack when you are experiencing inflammation (usually after exertion or movement of the injury area).
The Wrist T•Shellz Wrap® would then be used:
- Right after rising from bed in the morning (as this is when it is most stiff)
- Prior to going to bed at night (to relax the arm, allowing for better sleep)
- Before you know you will be using your injured joint (going to work, driving, typing, cooking, playing squash, etc).
Stage 3 - In Between Treatments With T•Shellz Wrap®, Apply Our New Fast Acting Pain Relief Cream Called ARNICA INFUSION
Dealing with aches and pains affecting the foot, ankle, leg, knee, hamstring, hip, back, arm, shoulder, elbow, wrist, or hand? If so, then applying the Arnica Infusion to any of these targeted areas will bring about fast relief from the pain and sore tissues. Simply apply a small amount of cream to the body and moments later, you will experience a soothing and comforting sensation over the area.
Arnica Infusion is specially designed to relieve pain due to sore muscles and joints associated with arthritis, backaches, sprains, strains, and bruises. No matter if you are dealing with an acute injury, chronic pain, or a general "flare-up" - you will experience fast relief from pain and inflammation.
This is a product that many of our current MendMeShop customers asked us to develop. So we focused our time and resources over the past few years and came up, with we believe, will be one of more effective, fast acting, topical pain relief creams on the market.
You are likely familiar with some of the standard topical agents on the market as most of our customers use them. The are mass marketed and even found in most department stores now.
Well, we are here to say that Arnica Infusion goes many steps beyond what they offer.
Made in the USA at an FDA registered manufacturing facility, you can be assured that Arnica Infusion is both safe and effective. We only source top grade ingredients while implementing strict quality control checks during every step of the production process. Expect the same high quality that MendMeShop customers have been accustomed to since we started the company in 2005.
The "Cool Blue" formula is the perfect balance between the smooth application of a cream and the effective absorbing factor of a gel. It is not too thick and not too thin - just the right texture. Best of all, it feels very nice on the skin!
Each application of Arnica Infusion feels so comforting and soothing, we are certain it will become an item you will not want to live without.
Arnica Infusion Ingredients
The Arnica Infusion formula is based on a combination of scientific research and the use of high quality ingredients. The properties within the formula were chosen for their pain relief, anti-inflammatory, and soothing qualities.
The acting ingredients within the formula include ones many of us are familiar with; along with ones that have not received a lot of publicity (only in research circles). Extensive testing resulted in a blending of ingredients that provides the most synergistic of benefits.
The notable ingredients in the Arnica Infusion formula include:
- Arnica - powerful anti-inflammatory, speeds recovery, enhances circulation
- Menthol - provides deep penetrating pain relief with a nice cooling sensation
- Vitamin B6 - promotes normal nerve function
- MSM - supports healthy connective tissues, anti-inflammatory
- Ilex Leaf Extract - increases circulation, skin conditioner
- Vitamin E - anti-inflammatory, enhances circulation, hydrates the skin
- Aloe - anti-inflammatory properties, soothes the skin
- Tea Tree - enhances penetration of ingredients
Extensive quality control procedures during the manufacturing process ensure the ingredients and final product are both safe and effective. We would not stake our reputation on anything but the best.
When Do I Apply the Arnica Infusion?
While At Work
Apply Arnica Infusion at work to help reduce acute discomfort associated with overuse of muscles and joints. No matter if you are in a physical demanding job or work within an office environment, you will be placing stress on different parts of the body and aches and pains will result.
Before Or After Work, Sports, & Activity
If you suffer from a sprained ligament, pulled muscle, strained tendon, or even bruising - apply Arnica Infusion for quick relief of the pain.
Chronic Pain Suffering
Application of Arnica Infusion can be done up to a maximum of 4 times per day on a consistent basis to help bring about relief from various pains and aches.
In-between Treatments With the T•Shellz Wraps
Follow up your T•Shellz and cold therapy treatments with an application of Arnica Infusion. Combine the pain relieving benefits of Arnica Infusion along with the healing benefits of the wraps to make your recovery go much more smoothly.
Do not apply Arnica Infusion within a 2 hour timespan before a T•Shellz Wrap® treatment.
Whether you decide to use the Arnica Infusion in conjunction with the T-Shell and other treatments - or if you decide to use the cream as a stand-alone product - you will not be disappointed with the results. We guarantee it.
A Note On OverCompensation
Since you are reading this, you probably know that bursitis and tendinopathy related injuries do not just disappear. Over time, they usually wreak havoc on your elbow & wrist due to lack of movement and over-compensation. It will also wreak havoc on your opposite wrist and elbow due to overcompensation. Recovery takes a longer time for such chronic (long term) injuries, but proper healing is essential to regain strength and get you back to the activities you enjoy.
The longer your injury endures, the greater the risk of running into serious overcompensation injuries.
To Stop Re-Injury & Reduce the Risk of a More Serious Overcompensation Injury, You Need to Heal Quickly & Completely!
Anyone in need of rapid recovery and complete healing must consider a comprehensive treatment plan that includes an effective means to minimize swelling and inflammation yet also stimulate healing and promote soft tissue elasticity. We have found no better set of tools that can be used at home than this:
What You Definitely Need to Successfully Treat
& Heal Your Wrist Bursitis at Home:
- A Deep Tissue Therapeutic Wrist T•Shellz Wrap® to increase Blood-flow to the injured wrist, hand and forearm (Deep Tissue Therapy Therapy).
- MendMeShop Arnica Pain Cream for temporary relief of pain due to sore muscles and joints.
- An Exercise & Stretching Plan to prevent muscle atrophy and shortened tendons. A proper plan will increase elasticity and strengthen the muscles of the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow of the injured limb.
Conservative treatment tools just like these have been used successfully by thousands of bursitis and tendinitis injury sufferers - just like you.
Our Devices Are Not Only Used To Help Heal Active Injuries - They Can Also Be Used Post-Operative to Accelerate Healing
Doctors and Surgeons are always improving the techniques used in surgery, and results from surgery now are much more positive than they were in the past. However, all surgeries introduce scar tissue, and recovery from wrist surgery can be less than ideal and take longer than anticipated.
If you do wind up getting surgery, know that rehabilitation at-home while attending regular physical therapy or doctor appointments is vital for your overall recovery.
Consistent exercise and conservative treatment on a daily basis during your rehabilitation while working with your doctor or physical therapist is key. This is why you should seriously consider maximizing your recovery by using the T•Shellz Wrap® at home once you are approved for physical therapy.
The more consistent you work at enhancing blood flow to surgically repaired soft tissue, the more consistent the healing process will be. Nourishing the tissues will more oxygen and nutrients (which are carried through the blood stream) will give the body a better ability to produce new, healthy collagen. In effect, you will help the body produce stronger tissues while potentially reducing the number of setbacks that can occur following surgical procedures.
If you are unsure about whether you need surgery for your bursitis, you may want to read through our "Do I Need Surgery Page, here.
Click HERE to Go To Our Online Store We take all major credit cards and Paypal.
If you have questions, call our office at 1-866-237-9608 (toll free continental US).
We are currently offering FREE SHIPPING and a 60 day trial period on all our Wraps.
Deep Heat = Greatly Increased Blood Flow in Your Injured Wrist & Hand
We believe the use of T•Shellz Wraps for effective treatment of damaged soft tissue in the wrist, forearm and hand is one of the most under-utilized home treatment options available on the market today. We have thousands of customers that have tried many options out there and have been amazed at how effective and fast the TShellz Wrap treatment can heal soft tissue injuries.
With regular use of the Wrist TShellz Wrap:
- Your pain will be reduced.
- Deep Heat from the wrap will trigger increased blood flow in your wrist/hand. Increased blood flow will accelerated the healing rate of soft tissue.
- Your shoulder will have a larger range of motion, increased extensibility of collagen tissue, and thus a reduced risk of re-injury. (Chapter 9 of "Therapeutic Heat and Cold", 4th edition.
(amazon.com link - Ed. Justus F. Lehmann, M.D., Williams, and Wilkin)
The Key Point To Keep in Mind When Treating Your Wrist Injury
Make Sure That Complete Healing is Your #1 Goal
We all know that if the injury was healed, the pain would go away but what about the opposite situation? If the pain is gone, does that mean the injury is better? Unfortunately, this is not always true.
Too many people only focus on suppressing pain symptoms while providing less attention to the true healing aspects of the body. Experiencing less pain, while obviously a good short-term goal, never equates to underlying healing. Scar tissue can remain for months after one gets to a point of being relatively pain-free. However, as long the weak and brittle scar tissue remains, you are susceptible to re-injury or re-aggravation. Certain motions or movements can cause the weaker tissue to easily tear - resulting in some reversal of the recovery up until that point.
This is why we recommend for people to continue with their doctor or therapist recommended exercises and to continue with mild treatments of the T•Shellz Wrap® for a period of time - to better ensure complete healing.
Ongoing treatments to enhance circulation will soothe, relax and promote healing of your damaged wrist bursae, muscles and tendons. Wrist T•Shellz treatments will also allow soft tissue (muscles, tendons, ligaments) to extend further due to deep warming caused by the Electromagnetic Energy emitted by the device. The more extensible your tissues are, the less likely they are to strain or sprain.... or "re-strain or re-sprain".
The Wrist T•Shellz Wrap® is a highly effective therapy tool for people suffering from wrist bursitis, extensor tendinitis, flexor tendinitis.... or other general soft tissue injuries in the hand, forearm or wrist. This includes muscle tears, tendon tears, strains, tendonitis, tendinopathy, tendinosis, impingements and pain associated with trigger points, scar tissue, and arthritis. It won't heal arthritis, but it will definitely alleviate its symptoms.
Continue the healing process by resting your wrist. Limit the activities that may be aggravate your wrist. Without proper rest and limitation on activities, being active as if your knee is healthy can lead to re-injury. To get back to doing the things you love you need to give your body proper care and attention. Why risk having to limit or give up your favorite weekend activity, your exercise routine, or even your job due to a bursitis injury?
Click HERE to Go To Our Online Store We take all major credit cards and Paypal.
If you have questions, call our office at 1-866-237-9608 (toll free continental US).
We are currently offering FREE SHIPPING and a 60 day trial period on all our Wraps.
Product Advisors are available 9:00 am to 10:00 pm Eastern Standard Time Monday, Tuesday and between 9:00 am and 5:00pm on Wednesday to Friday.
Learn More About Bursitis Injuries & Treatments
I want to learn more about Post-Surgery Recovery
I want to learn more about T•Shellz Wrap® Deep Tissue Therapy
I want to learn more about Ice & Heat: Which Is Better For Treatment?
I want to learn more about Bursitis Treatments
I want to learn more about Bursitis Surgery
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL OUR PRODUCTS
During your recovery, you will probably have to modify and/or eliminate any activities that cause pain or discomfort at the location of your soft tissue injury until the pain and inflammation settle. Always consult your doctor and/or Physical Therapist before using any of our outstanding products, to make sure they are right for you and your condition. The more diligent you are with your treatment and rehabilitation, the faster you will see successful results!